How can I get an appropriate datamatrix for statistical analysis ?
At the end of the course, you can obtain datamatrix and judge quality of alignment step.
Knowledge of upstream preprocessing steps.
- Upstream tool : pre-processed matrix
- Problem : technical bias and huge quantity of features
- Goal : processing of the pre-processed matrix to solve misalignment, to reduce feature number and to make spectra comparable
- Resume : bucketing=data reduction and normalisation=data comparability
- Be careful : alignment is a crucial step to obtain reliable statistical results
- And then ? : after this step, datamatrix is ready for statistical analysis
Dieterle et al. (2006). Probabilistic quotient normalization as robust method to account for dilution of complex biological mixtures. Application in 1H NMR metabonomics.Analytical Chemistry, 78 (13 ):4281. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac051632c
Vu, T.N., Valkenborg, D., Smets, K., et al. (2011). An integrated workflow for robust alignment and simplified quantitative analysis of NMR spectrometry data. BMC Bioinformatics, 12 : 405. doi : 10.1186/1471-2105-12-405