How can I get an appropriate datamatrix for statistical analysis ?
At the end of the course, you can obtain datamatrix and judge quality of alignment step.
Knowledge of upstream preprocessing steps.
- Upstream tool : pre-processed matrix
- Problem : technical bias and huge quantity of features
- Goal : processing of the pre-processed matrix to solve misalignment, to reduce feature number and to make spectra comparable
- Resume : bucketing=data reduction and normalisation=data comparability
- Be careful : alignment is a crucial step to obtain reliable statistical results
- And then ? : after this step, datamatrix is ready for statistical analysis
- Dieterle et al. (2006). Probabilistic quotient normalization as robust method to account for dilution of complex biological mixtures. Application in 1H NMR metabonomics.Analytical Chemistry, 78 (13 ):4281. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac051632c
- Vu, T.N., Valkenborg, D., Smets, K., et al. (2011). An integrated workflow for robust alignment and simplified quantitative analysis of NMR spectrometry data. BMC Bioinformatics, 12 : 405. doi : 10.1186/1471-2105-12-405